Contributors

Friday, December 10, 2010

Preparing for Christmas

We have been spending some of our time this week preparing for Christmas, the merriest time of year!  One of the things we often do this time of year is to send Christmas greetings to our family and friends.  It's been awhile since hubby and I have sent a picture card, we've migrated to emailing our pictures and letter.  I love getting snail mail from others! Maybe we should return the favor and send some ourselves.  It's so much more fun to open up an envelope than an email and what would decorate our fridge if we didn't have pictures of friends and family?  This year I'm checking out Shutterfly's HUGE selection.  I'm sure to find something I like.  I want one that says "Merry Christmas" and not "Happy Holidays".  I'm celebrating Christ's birth and I want to wish others a merry time if they chose to celebrate as well.

  

These are a few of my favorites, but I haven't made a final decision yet. . . . and I'll let hubby help decide.

Another Christmas tradition is giving gifts to our loved ones.  Shutterfly has some great gift ideas.  I've made calendars as gifts before and the recipients have loved them.  It's a fun place to showcase the scenic pictures I love taking.  If you are planning to give a calendar, using Shutterfly to create one is more meaningful than picking one up in the store.  They have so many designs to choose from.  You can make it as simple or decorative as you want.  I'm planning to make at least one this year for a gift.

My sister loves their photo books.  We put together a wedding album for her from Shutterfly and just recently a book celebrating her daughter's first year of life.  What a beautiful keepsake and easier than traditional scrapbooking!

Hopefully later this week I'll find sometime to show you some of our other preparations to celebrate Christ's birth.  What a fun and joyful time of year!

May you and yours have a very Merry Christmas!

2 comments:

  1. This is a beautiful post. I look forward to reading more about how you celebrate this happy season!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I am the sister that loves the Shutterfly photo books! I recently received the one Jen helped me create for my daughter's 1st year of life! It's adorable! I will share it with family when they are visiting for Christmas. I also recently made Christmas cards through Shutterfly and can't wait to recieve them this week! Thanks, Jen, for helping me with my photo albums!

    ReplyDelete